We are looking for Quantity Surveyors to join the Commercial Team reporting into a Commercial Manager.
The Commercial team in the National Nuclear Laboratory is responsible for the company’s terms and conditions of contract including the provision of legal advice, for pricing and for bids and proposals. The team is identified as a key function to support NNL’s growth and will expand significantly. Led by the Head of Commercial, it comprises Commercial Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Senior Commercial Officers, and Bid Leaders. Working with a business partnering approach, the team supports revenue growth that optimizes profit and works to provide win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence
Main responsibilities are to manage costs and claims on major projects undertaken by NNL so that the organisation is paid promptly and in full for its work.
The Quantity Surveyors will report to a Commercial Manager and will work with NNL’s team of Project Managers, Commercial Managers and technical staff at all stage of project life cycle including bidding, delivery and closedown. The role will also include significant process development activity in conjunction with the NNL Transformation team, and in particular work on the development of NNL’s project estimating capability and methods.
The Ideal Candidate
- RICS Qualified Quantity Surveyor.
- 10 or more years’ experience of diverse projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – confidence, drive, challenge, influencing skills, communications
- Very commercially focussed with an understanding of the operations which impact a business and how risk is managed optimally for the sometimes opposing needs of the Business and Customers.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment to demanding deadlines.
- Understanding of, and ability to critically appraise, estimates and programmes.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.