- Delivery of the agreed plan for SNM operations in the Central Laboratory.
- Delivery of enhancements to improve the throughput or quality of SNM operations.
- Ensuring delivery is compliant with all relevant EHSS&Q requirements.
- Ensuring adequate SQEP resources are available to support the agreed plan.
- Ownership of laboratory, ensuring equipment is maintained to support safety and quality requirements and utilisation is correctly monitored.
- Plan SNM operations in the Central Laboratory, including resources, consumables and strategic spares for equipment owned by the FR&R capability
- Manage a small technical team undertaking SNM operations
- Lead the arrangements for import and export of SNM between Central Laboratory and donor/storage plants
- Liaise with infrastructure maintenance staff regarding the scheduling of repairs and outages to minimise the impact on production operations
- Work closely with the Technical Lead and the Project Manager to ensure that the capability is meeting the requirements of our customers
- Lead the introduction of capability enhancements
- Identify and maintain knowledge of best-in-class practices in order to introduce process improvements
- Interface with Infrastructure and Assurance staff to ensure that all necessary work approvals are in place
- Use appropriate production management tools and visual aids to track performance and equipment availability
- Provide performance information to the Project Manager and customers
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of delivering work in a high security environment
- Holds DV clearance, or ability to obtain DV clearance.
- High level of drive and energy and independence
- Experience of planning work
- Experience of leading teams
- Experience of production management tools
- Experience of using business improvement tools to successfully drive improvements
- Experience of glove box operations
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory