We are looking for a Commercial Manager to join the Commercial Team reporting into the Head of Commercial.
The Commercial team in the National Nuclear Laboratory is responsible for the company’s terms and conditions of contract including the provision of legal advice, for pricing and for bids and proposals. The team is identified as a key function to support NNL’s growth and will expand significantly. Led by the Head of Commercial, it comprises Commercial Managers, Senior Commercial Officers, and Bid Leaders. Working with a business partnering approach, the team supports revenue growth that optimizes profit and works to provide win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence.
The Commercial Manager will report to the Head of Commercial and may take responsibility for managing one or more Commercial Officers or other support staff. Commercial Managers are responsible for the provision of expert support to the Customer Experience and Delivery Operations teams to ensure robust commercial practices to help secure and deliver the right opportunities both within the UK and overseas. This expert advice will create value, maximise earnings to reinvest whilst safeguarding NNL’s commercial interests to ensure business targets are achieved. The role will include significant process development activity in conjunction with the NNL Transformation team.
The role of the Commercial Manager is to provide support to the Head of Commercial including in the following main areas and for a subset of NNL’s contracts:
• Review and negotiation of terms and conditions including liaison with the Company’s legal and tax advisors.
• Review and negotiation of pricing.
• Review and checking of cost estimates with technical / project management personnel.
• Management of changes and claims in conjunction with the Company’s project managers.
• Flow down of terms and conditions to the Company’s vendors via the Procurement Department.
• Coordination of complex transactions with the Company’s customers and internally.
In addition to the above the Commercial Manager will:
• Support the current Business Transformation in NNL by participating in special projects as requested by the Head of Commercial or Head of Commercial Transformation.
• Manage contract review and order acknowledgement processes for customers / contracts under their responsibility.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor degree
- Prior experience as a Commercial Manager in a complex technical industry.
- Broad contract law knowledge and / or experience of cost estimation.
- IT literacy.
- Experience of advising on commercial and business risk.
- Attention to detail
- Drafting Skills
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.