Production Task Supervisors to work within the existing Production Delivery Team providing Task Supervision for operational tasks within B13 in line with the B13 Production Plan.
• Accountable to the B13 Production Delivery Manager.
• Task Supervise allocated Operational tasks, ensuring tasks are completed safely, to cost and time in line with the B13 Production Plan.
• Understands their area of responsibility and how the interfaces with other personnel within Operations, Engineering and Projects are managed.
• Implements safe work practices and ensures that safe standards are always upheld.
Following the criteria set out in: -
IMS_WF_SP_0001: Windscale safe system of work Procedure,
AHF/P/0007 – Safe system of work and work control Process,
• Ensures that a current Work Control Form has been approved to allow operations to commence.
• Ensure that work is always adequately supervised and to ensure that systems of work are effectively implemented.
• Communicate systems of work effectively to all persons under their control, who may be directly or indirectly affected by the operation/s.
• Ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSoW) are followed by all persons under their supervision.
• Liaise with the relevant Building Supervisor for the area where the tasks are to be undertaken.
• Responsible for the safety of others not involved with the task, but who may be affected by the task.
• Understands and follows the procedure for reporting unusual occurrences and failures were necessary and takes appropriate action to protect personnel and the environment.
The Ideal Candidate
• IOSH Managing Safely
• Knowledge of Sellafield and Windscale Site Procedures.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Drive and energy with a strong aptitude for problem solving.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Ability to keep accurate and detailed records.
• Conversant with the IT Microsoft office work packages.
• Familiarity with B13 would be an advantage.
• Working knowledge of LLW/ILW waste disposal operations.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory