Service Desk Analyst
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT in NNL will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team well positioned to meet the changing requirements of NNL.
The purpose of the IT Service Desk is to be the central point of contact between ICT and users on a day-to-day basis. It is the focal point for reporting incidents (disruptions or potential disruptions in service availability or quality) and for users making service requests (routine requests for services).
The Service Desk Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. They will be working with applications and systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues. There is also a range of administration duties within this role.
The Service Desk Analyst will be required to:
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls and emails from staff regarding IT issues and queries;
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via telephone, email and IM;
- Maintain an Asset Database and validate the CMDB;
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support and troubleshoot IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Blackberry’s, Laptops, PCs and Printers;
- Troubleshoot basic network issues;
- Escalate unresolved calls to the appropriate support team;
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner;
- Manage tickets and ensure all incidents are resolved in accordance with their SLAs;
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles;
- Provide basic in-house training, advice and guidance in MS Office applications used (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint);
- Provide statistics for the periodic service desk reports on call trends;
- Maintain a knowledge base of known faults, errors and resolutions;
- Perform basic IT support activities, such as creating user accounts, reset passwords, create group for example; and
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
The Ideal Candidate
The Service Desk Analyst will have:
- Eligibility for security clearance and be a UK national;
- A minimum of 2 years previous IT Service Desk and or Call Centre experience;
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner;
- Self-motivation, who is a customer focused achiever and gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Basic user & security group Active Directory administration knowledge; and
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 8, Windows 10 and Office 2010 and ideally Office 365.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated microdrilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.
National Nuclear Laboratory