Service Desk Analyst - 12 months FTC
The Service Desk Analyst is the central point of contact between Technology & Digital Change and its users on a daily basis. Via Phone call or portal it is where users log incidents (disruptions or potential disruptions in service availability or quality) & requests (routine requests for services).
The Service Desk Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff, working with applications and systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of user incidents & requests
- Act as a single point of contact for phone calls, emails & portal notifications from staff regarding IT incidents and requests
- Receive, log and manage calls from internal staff via telephone, email and IM
- Maintain an Asset Database – CMDB
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support and troubleshoot IT related problems from in-house software to hardware, such as Smartphones, Laptops, PCs and Printers
- Troubleshoot basic network issues
- Escalate unresolved calls to the appropriate support team
- Take ownership of user problems and follow up the status of problems on behalf of the user and communicate progress in a timely manner
- Manage tickets and ensure all incidents are resolved in accordance with their SLAs
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries and adhere to all service management principles
- Provide basic in-house training, advice and guidance in MS Office applications used (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Provide statistics for the periodic service desk reports on call trends
- Maintain a knowledge base of known faults, errors and resolutions
- Perform basic IT support activities, such as creating user accounts, reset passwords, create group for example
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Service Desk Analyst:
- Service Desk experience required with experience working with an IT Service Management client managing incidents/service requests
- Experience with Office applications (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and provide basic in-house training
- Eligibility for security clearance, and be a UK national
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to obtain SC Clearance
Desirable Criteria for Service Desk Analyst:
- Worked in an IT environment
- Worked as part of a team
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Desktop/client troubleshooting (including Windows OS)
- Active Directory administration knowledge
- Office 365 administration knowledge
- Azure knowledge
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory