Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job Description for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
NNL is where your solutions solve real-world problems. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects, you’ll also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from start to finish — allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment. This is your chance to use your experience, expertise and ingenuity to collaborate with leading scientists. You’ll be part of a team that delivers work to benefit society by advancing cleaner energy, protecting the environment and keeping everyone safe.
We're looking for a versatile and experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer who can take projects from initial requirements specification through to delivery, managing all the relevant technical documentation throughout.
We’re looking for someone who is looking to push their career to the next level.
Someone keen to work and grow as part of an integrated team.
Main Responsibilities for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Get involved in Cradle to Grave Projects.
- Take the lead in developing Mechanical designs to national and international standards.
- Work with the construction and commissioning teams by providing mechanical support.
- Work with junior engineers to guide their design activities.
- Work with the Mechanical Discipline Lead Engineer to identify and develop business improvements.
- Engage in the employee development program to support your technical and behavioural growth.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Someone with a degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related subject together with a good level of design office experience or lower professional qualification (e.g. BTEC typically gained through apprenticeship) with significant design office experience.
- Someone with a good knowledge and experience in following an accredited design / engineering process to deliver an assured design / system that meets all required statutory site and national safety standards.
- Someone with the ability to work well within a design environment with other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or someone working towards professional registration, although equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
- A working knowledge of the requirements of PSSR, PUWER, LOLER and CE marking.
- Experience of the nuclear sector or other highly regulated industry.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory