Senior Management Information (MI) Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior MI Analyst to join the newly formed MI Office which sits within the Project Management Office (PMO) function within the National Nuclear Laboratory, based in Cumbria. The PMO is responsible for setting the project delivery standards; governance arrangements and for undertaking assurance activities to ensure that delivery of NNL projects is achieved successfully, and in a safe and secure manner to the levels of quality expected.
The Senior MI Analyst will report in to the Capacity Manager and in general will be responsible for the following;
Provision of accurate and robust Management Information (MI) to inform strategic Delivery Operations (DO) management and Heads of Capability reviews, ensuring that all data is tested, analysed and confirmed as accurate; and any anomalies investigated and resolved, prior to formal issue of reports / information.
Provision of key metrics and analysis, and regular MI dashboard reports to allow the performance of the DO business and component ‘functional parts’ to be measured and monitored against agreed business plan targets and KPIs.
On behalf of the Project Management Office (PMO) and MI Office function ensure that all data collected is robust, and input data is of sufficient quality and detail to provide accurate reporting outputs; to inform strategic business reviews. Particular duties will include;
- The collation and dissemination of business performance information from across the organisation and assisting in the production of regular performance reports for DO senior management reviews.
- Development, delivery and maintenance of key operational reporting, maintenance of reporting platforms, creation of accurate and timely MI solutions for the business.
- Coordinate the pulling together of information from all areas of Delivery Operations in relation to performance against business plan targets and KPIs.
- Analyse data collected in order to help inform business decisions, project development and product improvement.
- Support the MI Office Lead / Capacity Manager on the production of regular management reports summarising business performance.
- As part of the PMA Support Office function, provide support to internal teams to understand their reporting needs, identify solutions and lead on improving teams’ reporting capabilities.
- Communicate best practice guidelines for data requests to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate the communication of relevant information and insight to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, e.g. MI Office Lead, Head of PMA, Heads of Capability, and Capability Leads (when appropriate).
- To communicate ideas for the development and further streamlining of processes and procedures in relation to the remit of the PMA Support Office function.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role desirable
- Understanding and application of statistical and business trend analysis.
- Strong experience in the use of Microsoft packages, e.g. MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Experience of producing KPI Dashboards and Information Reporting
- Detailed and working knowledge of Microsoft Access and advanced Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Natural intellectual curiosity, creative in analytical approach with a good instinct for business
- Capable of working without supervision, to provide insight and help to develop the reporting capabilities of the business.
- Numerate, logical, organised, flexible and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Customer centricity – strong customer focus both internal and external.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong team working, able to work with various internal teams to achieve objectives.
- Commitment to continuous improvement; willing to proactively make suggestions on potential developments.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory