Senior Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Job Description for Senior Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer:
As part of our Engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects, but you’ll also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from start to finish — allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment.
You’ll be part of a team that delivers work to benefit society by advancing cleaner energy, protecting the environment, and keeping everyone safe.
We're looking for a versatile and experienced Senior EC&I Engineer who can take projects from the functional design specification through to delivery, managing all the relevant technical documentation throughout.
We’re looking for someone who is looking to push their career to the next level.
Someone keen to work and grow as part of an integrated team.
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at Risley, Preston or Sellafield.
Main Responsibilities for Senior Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer:
- Get involved with the whole project lifecycle.
- Take the lead in developing CE&I designs to national and international standards.
- Work with the wider engineering and business teams in developing safety related systems to BS EN 61508, BS EN ISO 13849-1.
- Work with the construction and commissioning team by providing CE&I support.
- Work with a team of junior engineers to guide their design activities.
- Work with the CE&I Discipline Lead Engineer to identify and develop business improvements.
- Engage in the employee development program to support your technical and behavioural growth.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Senior Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer:
- Someone with a degree in an Electrical Engineering discipline or closely related subject together with a good level of design office experience.
- Someone with a good knowledge and experience in following an accredited design / engineering process to deliver an assured design / system that meets all required statutory site and national safety standards.
- Someone with the ability to work well within a design environment and other engineering disciplines.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Senior Control, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer:
- A Chartered or Incorporated Engineer, or someone working towards professional registration, although equivalent experience will be taken into consideration.
- A working knowledge of the requirements of PUWER and UKCA marking.
- Experience of the nuclear sector.
- Knowledge of Sellafield Standards.
NNL has a proactive approach to supporting technical skills development and personal growth.
Professional Membership Fees Paid - e.g. IET Membership fees , Engineering Council, etc.
If you think you’ve most but not all the skills, then apply as you may find you have the skills but not recognise them.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory