Senior Construction Coordinator
Job Description for Senior Construction Coordinator:
NNL is where your solutions solve real-world problems. As part of our Engineering team, you’ll not only be able to get involved with a huge variety of projects, you’ll also have lots of opportunity to drive them through from start to finish — allowing you to see the impact your work has in a real-world environment. This is your chance to use your experience, expertise and ingenuity to collaborate with leading scientists. You’ll be part of a team that delivers work to benefit society by advancing cleaner energy, protecting the environment and keeping everyone safe.
NNL have major refurbishment and modification projects sanctioned for their facilities on the Sellafield site. Ranging from the upgrade of facilities, the installation of new technology to the modification of cells and services to support their future workload. The role of the Senior Construction Coordinator is to support the Construction Manager in the execution of the construction phase of the projects. Taking responsibility for ensuring all contractors employed on our projects execute works in a safe and timely manner and adhere to all regulatory, management and contractual arrangements. The role includes the production of construction strategies, construction phase plans, the estimating and scheduling of site works. The inspection and acceptance of the contractors completed works to the required engineering and construction design specifications, through to the production of handover documentation.
Main Responsibilities for Senior Construction Coordinator:
- The key area of accountability is to coordinate and ensure the safe delivery of all construction activities within your assigned area.
- Other accountabilities:
- To ensure all specified construction and installation standards are met (Surveillance and Inspection).
- To ensure site safety and safe working practices are adhered to and promote a positive health and safety culture in construction.
- To ensure that controlling documentation submitted by contractors for review and endorsement are commented on prior to the commencement of work and that monitoring of the contractors' compliance with the controlling documents is carried out.
- To ensure that resources used for construction are Suitably Qualified Experienced Person (SQEP) and are managed cost effectively.
- To ensure that all construction activities comply with National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) and UK legal requirements, including Nuclear Site License Conditions.
- To provide constructability input to the design process.
- The production and upkeep of construction phase plans and strategies.
- To ensure that harmonious Industrial Relations are maintained.
- Develop and improve relationships with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- To improve construction safety performance and to meet company targets.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Senior Construction Coordinator:
- Equivalent experience can be offered in lieu if it is deemed appropriate by the NNL Construction Manager:
- HNC/ONC or equivalent in an engineering, electrical or construction discipline. Preferably from a trade background.
- IOSH Managing Safety.
- CITB-Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS).
- Client-side experience working on nuclear construction/commissioning projects in a management/supervisory position, with experience in contractor management and a good understanding of the CDM 2015 regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be a self-starter, able to take responsibility and work with minimum supervision, at times under pressure with excellent organisational skills; be able to multitask and re-prioritise to meet changing needs and project deadlines in a team environment.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Senior Construction Coordinator:
- NEBOSH general certificate.
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
- Financially and commercially aware, with practical underpinning experience.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory