Security & Resilience Manager (Pan-NNL)
Job Description for Security & Resilience Manager (Pan-NNL):
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Security & Resilience Manager is a position of authority within NNL, with accountability for physical and personnel security of all NNL facilities, assets and people, ensuring the company’s continued compliance to all regulations governing the nuclear industry including site license conditions. They shall be accountable for leading and managing the security and resilience team - responsible for ensuring that NNL maintains an effective operational security & emergency preparedness regime - and provide the business with advice on security and resilience matters.
Main Responsibilities for Security & Resilience Manager (Pan-NNL):
- 1st and 2nd Line management of the security and resilience team to achieve high quality development, resource planning and performance management
- S&R leadership across all NNL facilities and corporately, including direction on complex S&R matters, to ensure UK and NNL risk meets risk appetite
- Ensure arrangements are in place for the development, approval, review and modification of NNL nuclear security arrangements that meet regulator expectations and minimise business disruption
- Produce and gain approval of the NNL S&R Strategy, Security policy, Nuclear Site Security Plan(s) and security standards for all facilities, and ensure their subsequent delivery, in order to keep pace with business operations requirements, regulatory expectations and industry relevant improvements
- Ensure independence between the site compliance team and delivery team in order to prevent any potential conflict between safety/security and delivery. Where advice is provided to the business, compliance shall be undertaken independently to ensure suitable peer checking
- Ensure arrangements are in place for NNL to achieve and maintain adequate levels of emergency preparedness and response that meet all stakeholder expectations, including: site licensee, regulator & legal
- Ensure arrangements are in place for NNL to achieve and maintain an adequate security operations regime at all facilities that meets regulatory expectations and minimises business disruption
- Act as client supporting Project manager delivery of a programme of physical & personnel security projects and ensure integration of security requirements into facility projects in line with NNL’s business objectives to reduce security risk and support ongoing business operations
- Engage with stakeholders across the organisation and industry to ensure; learning is shared and implemented; organisations and departments are coordinated to support strategic delivery of NNL security and emergency preparedness requirements, and; support management of NNL and UK risks
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Security & Resilience Manager (Pan-NNL):
- Demonstratable experience in working in a regulated, major accident, industry
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements associated with protection of Sensitive Nuclear Assets (including Physical, Personnel and Corporate requirements)
- Understanding of the nuclear safety and security risks associated with each NNL facility
- Experience of security decision making and security systems management
- To be appointed as Incident Controller/Supervisor
- High levels of integrity and the confidence to challenge the behavior of others
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience in an individual and management capacity
- Ability to communicate key information on complex issues both verbal and written to senior management and regulators
- Ability to obtain DV level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial, criminal record checks, interview plus 10 years of UK residency)
Desirable Criteria for Security & Resilience Manager (Pan-NNL):
- Existing DV clearance
- Experience of leading and managing teams across multiple sites
- Understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements associated with emergency preparedness and response in the nuclear industry
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory