Safety Case Advisor
Job Description for Safety Case Advisor:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The role is to support the Safety Case Manager (SCM) in the development, implementation, maintenance and review of the safety case as a result of emergent project pipeline demands. Role is to ensure that the safety case delivered is clear and user friendly for all stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities for Safety Case Advisor:
- Provide high quality safety case advice.
- Work collaboratively with other key disciplines to support safety case development implementation and management activities for the facility.
- Facilitating communication between relevant stakeholders.
- Seeking and delivering improvements.
- Present safety case documents to safety committees on behalf of the SCM (as required).
- Look for, use and share learning from internal and external sources and from events and good practice.
- Support engagements with Regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders for the associated facility safety case.
- Deputise for the SCM in areas where technical competence has been demonstrated.
- Identify and participate in improvement initiatives on safety case process and implementation in the workplace.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory/ company policies.
- Help train/coach/mentor existing junior SCA community to help them attain SQEP status.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Safety Case Advisor:
- Fully conversant with SLP 2.17 suite.
- SCM workbook completed.
- Experience of regulatory interface.
- Ability to influence, communicate and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across a team and business area.
- Good analytical thinking skills, with experience of solving novel and possibly challenging technical issues.
- Self-motivated with a high level of resilience.
- Good planning skills.
- Computer literate with MS Office suite.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to obtain DV level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial, criminal record checks, interview plus 10 years of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Safety Case Advisor:
- Degree qualified or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in operations, engineering, technical disciplines or in a support team for an operational plant.
- Knowledge of the relevant Site Licence Conditions.
- Experience of report writing.
- Experience of applying new approaches or innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory