Robotics Systems Technologist
Some of the key responsibilities:
The innovative use of advanced technologies and development of engineered solutions to a range of robotic and teleoperational challenges.
The innovative integration of technologies to satisfy end user requirements.
Delivery of a program of development trials on a range of teleoperable components and systems, which includes:
- Preparation of safety paperwork associated with experimental programme.
- Undertaking small and large-scale trials, involving proprietary and bespoke robotics hardware and test rig equipment.
- Complete series of experimental trials as outlined by Specialist
- Collect, tabulate and interpret experimental data and presentation of results in formal document formats, papers and presentations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have a PhD as a minimum in a relevant discipline in robotics or software development
- The ability to perform duties to the highest safety and quality standards.
- Hands on experience developing code for industrial robots, research robots or bespoke manipulator systems within a laboratory or industrial environment.
- Hands on experience in the use of simulation or games software for the verification and validation of robotic control programs.
- Good communications and presentation skills.
- Experience of teleoperation of robotic systems within a nuclear or other hazardous environment is an advantage but not essential.
National Nuclear Laboratory