The Project Manager role reports to the Business Manager or Business Leader and is accountable for delivering projects safely to the agreed level of quality, schedule and cost in a manner that complies with the NNL's define EHS&Q framework and full compliance with all NNL Policies.
- Deliver projects to meet Time, Cost and Quality requirements.
- Ensure adequate health and safety requirements are in place at all times for all team members and for sub-contracted work.
- Oversee the management of projects throughout the project lifecycle from kick-off through to close-out and ensure adherence to contract, procedures and use of control documents.
- Ensuring suitable planning arrangements to support commercial bids and subsequent delivery of contracts.
- Ensure that staff are suitably qualified, competent and experienced to fulfil their roles.
- Manage succession planning for key roles.
- Act as a direct interface with Customers for all project delivery issues.
- Meet NNL business objectives whilst striving to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring issues are promptly highlighted within the management chain to enable quick resolution.
- Managing Customer deviations from scope, schedule and cost in the best interests of the NNL business whilst maintaining the customer relationship.
- Arranging for the resource and facilities to be available from within NNL to meet the project program.
- Establishing, monitoring and managing risks through Risk Registers for project work, including the management of Contingency.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills/Qualifications for Project Manager Role:
- Demonstrable experience within a Nuclear industrial environment.
- APM Qualified
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deliver within a team environment.
- Proven excellent customer relationship skills.
- Ability to deal with people across a wide range of management levels and technical expertise, including external organisations, plant management and commercial functions.
- Proven record of problem solving and the ability to negotiate solutions to allow safe and efficient operations.
- Proven track record in delivering complex research based projects to time, cost and quality.
- Ability to travel between sites/customers (Full Driving Licence Essential).
- Ability to achieve BPSS Clearance
Desirable Skills/Qualifications for Project Manager Role:
- Ability to utilise project scheduling software for the purposes of controlling and monitoring project works, e.g. MS Project
- Demonstrable financial acumen and experience of using financial monitoring & performance tools / processes.
- Use of Microsoft Office – Work, Excel, Power-point
- Experience of R&D Programmes
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory