Project Manager (AHF PPS)
Initially to provide Project Management on a Technically complex project, delivered over multiple years to ensure safe, successful and timely delivery in line with the NNL Project Management Authority (PMA) processes. The initial Project is of particular strategic significance to the NNL and its key stakeholders.
Taking direction from the Windscale Facility Director and the Senior PM for Capital Expenditure Project, the successful candidate will be required to ensure that:
- The Project is in compliance with CDM regulations at all times.
- NNL effectively polices the supply chain delivery and secures third party support where required.
- All Project plant intrusive activities are requested and engaged through the building IDM process.
- All Project stages are effectively completed and the Project handed over in a controlled manner, covering plant status, and responsibilities for rooms / systems as a minimum.
- Ensures that all internal and external stakeholders are fully engaged on Project progress and timings at all times.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Project team on matters relating to the NNL PMA operational initiatives, goals and NNL performance targets, including responsibility for ensuring adherence to PMA systems & processes.
- Ensure clear and robust communications and meeting strategies to ensure effective communication across the project team and key stakeholders; implementing regular reviews and controls to monitor project progress.
- Provision of accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, both in terms of work activity and financial performance, including CPI & SPI statistics (via the Project Controls function).
- Ensure that change control processes and procedures are fully understood by all project delivery staff, and are rigorously implemented as required throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensuring robust risk management protocols are in place to effectively manage and mitigate project risks to secure the project baseline costs and schedules; creation and maintenance of risk / RAIDS schedules; and the escalation of risks where appropriate.
The Ideal Candidate
- CDM trained
- IOSH Managing Safely
- APM PMQ
- A strong background in EPC Project delivery.
- A background in delivering Projects (full life cycle) in a Nuclear environment
- Experience of managing a multi discipline, cross functional Experience in engaging with external stakeholders (for example regulator, CNC, Licensee)
- Strong conflict management & communications skills
- Experience of managing and holding sub-contractors to account using different contracting models
- Strong understanding of typical project delivery procedures, tools, protocols and systems within a nuclear environment or equivalent regulated industry.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite (Incl. MS Word, Excel, PPoint), and working knowledge of MS Project / EPM / Primavera P6, or other Project Management software packages and/or tools.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering security related projects
- Experience of Portfolio and Project delivery, with the ability to develop Project detail from strategic changes at Portfolio level.
- APM Level 1 and 2 Risk Management
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory