As a key member of the Business Finance team, your role will directly report into the Finance Business Partner providing financial support across a number of internal (Capex) and external (Customer) projects. Working closely with Operations & Commercial key responsibilities will include maintaining project controls, supporting forecasting & budgeting, month end duties and regular review and reporting.
- Project start up, closure and project administration – working closely with Project Controllers to ensure appropriate documentation and controls are in place to allow accurate project set-up, execution and close
- Support the development of quick, accurate and accessible management information for all key stakeholders with a range of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. This will include the reporting of key performance KPI’s and metrics e.g. customer recovery, productivity, revenue recognition.
- Cost control and governance – to ensure that all projects costs are managed and controlled in line with NNL’s internal control policies and procedures. This includes regular review, reporting and mitigation of key project and programme variances.
- Support the ongoing forecasting and budgeting process within the company. This will include attendance of project reviews, supporting micro level forecasting and the macro consolidation to work stream level. Working closely with PMO (Project Managers, Project Controllers & Finance Business Partners)
- Will provide key support to the Order to Cash process working closely with both Operations and Commercial in maximising cash receipts by producing and submitting applications for payment in line with the contract.
- Understanding and reporting key project working capital requirements focussing on Work In progress, Customer debt and Cash flow.
- Month End – Supporting the finance team to achieve month-end deadlines demonstrating accurate accounting records, accruals and internal controls and close liaison with project teams and senior management. This includes project and overhead as well as authorisations of amendments such as timesheets and expenses.
- Work closely with key business partners to create and maintain key financial and scenario based models which support strategic business decisions. Examples may include supporting financial modelling for key customer bids or investments.
- Build strong relationships with all key stakeholders including operations and commercial (Commercial managers & QS) as well as having a key role in the continued education of non-finance stakeholders e.g Project Managers & Project Controllers.
- Provide both general and ad-hoc support to the Finance Business Partners.
The Ideal Candidate
- Part Qualified Level or above.
- Very strong excel skills and ability to work with large quantities of data essential.
- Strong communicator, able to elicit information from stakeholders at all levels.
- MS Office
- Knowledge of major Finance ERP systems (Agresso would be a bonus).
- Analytical mind with the ability to translate detailed and complex information into concise and coherent management information.
- Must be diligent and use own initiative to resolve issues.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships within the finance team and across the business.
Desirable systems experience (not essential)
- Agresso Smart Client
- Microsoft Project.
National Nuclear Laboratory