Operations Planning Administrator (FTC - 24 Months)
Job Description for Operations Planning Administrator (FTC - 24 Months):
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
This role has accountability to coordinate between all NNL capabilities pulling together the weekly permissioning process to enable work within the building. In addition to this, the role holder will also coordinate and support the engineering team with resource requests / utilisation including that of facility usage input charges and general support to the Head of Site’s team.
The location for this role is flexible and can be based at Sellafield or Workington.
Main Responsibilities for Operations Planning Administrator (FTC - 24 Months):
- Maintain and manage the weekly permissioning schedule.
- Liaise with FWSL’s to ensure all aspects of work are captured on the weekly plan.
- Liaise with capability leaders to manage weekly permissioning of Facility Work Requests.
- Manage plan changes as and when they occur in line with approved processes.
- Facilitate the weekly resource meeting.
- Facilitate the weekly breakdown meeting.
- Production of planning KPI data.
- Provide cover to other sites when required.
- Input of the facility charges.
- Identify and escalate missing or incorrect charging.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Operations Planning Administrator (FTC - 24 Months):
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Drive and energy with a strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Conversant with Microsoft work packages.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Operations Planning Administrator (FTC - 24 Months):
- Experience of NNL work permissioning processes.
- Working knowledge of laboratory operation.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory