Mechanical Craft Person
To be part of the mechanical engineering team for building maintenance & breakdown issues. Also, to support the
installation and commissioning of improvement & customer projects.
• Perform routine examination / inspection / maintenance and testing on plant and equipment.
• Perform breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
• Provide support to project and improvement work
• Provide support to the facility in the installation, modification and commissioning of plant equipment.
• To follow, complete and update maintenance instructions.
• Provide detailed feedback on maintenance tasks via CMMS.
The Ideal Candidate
• Time served recognised apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
• Experience working to a safe system of work.
• MEWP operator.
• Workshop machine operator experience (Lathe/Milling machine etc)
• Pressure systems / pumps / protective devices
• LOLER experience
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory