Mechanical Craft Person
Job Description for Mechanical Craft Person:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
To be part of the Mechanical engineering team for building maintenance and breakdown issues. Also, to support the installation and commissioning of improvement and customer projects.
Main responsibilities for Mechanical Craft Person:
- Perform routine examination , inspection, maintenance and testing on plant and equipment.
- Perform breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Provide support to project and improvement work.
- Provide support to the facility in the installation, modification and commissioning of plant equipment.
- To follow, complete and update maintenance instructions.
- Provide detailed feedback on maintenance tasks via CMMS.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Mechanical Craft Person:
- Time served recognised apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering discipline.
- Experience working to a safe system of work.
- MEWP operator.
- Workshop machine operator experience (Lathe / Milling machine etc).
- Pressure systems, pumps and protective devices.
- LOLER experience.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Mechanical Craft Person:
- Working in a DSEAR environment experience.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory