Management Information (MI) Analyst
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced MI Analyst to join the newly formed MI Office which sits within the Project Management Office (PMO) function within the National Nuclear Laboratory, based in Cumbria. The PMO is responsible for setting the project delivery standards; governance arrangements and for undertaking assurance activities to ensure that delivery of NNL projects is achieved successfully, and in a safe and secure manner to the levels of quality expected.
The MI Analyst will report in to the Senior MI Analyst and in general will be responsible for the following;
- Contribute to the development of the MI/BI systems (Working alongside and supporting the Senior MIA).
- The collation of performance data and the production of dashboard reports on a monthly basis, highlighting and following-up on any anomalies identified.
- Analysing the outputs reports to provide variance analysis, identifying trends and anomalies – rather than just ‘churning’ out the reports like what we have had to date, and
- Continuous improvement; review; validation; improvement, and embedment of MI reports within the business.
On behalf of the Project Management Office (PMO) and MI Office function ensure that all data collected is robust, and input data is of sufficient quality and detail to provide accurate reporting outputs; to inform strategic business reviews. Particular duties will include;
- Support the Senior MI Analyst in the collation and dissemination of business performance information from across the organisation and the production of regular performance reports for DO senior management reviews.
- Delivery and maintenance of key operational reporting, maintenance of reporting platforms, creation of accurate and timely MI solutions for the business.
- Coordinate the pulling together of information from all areas of Delivery Operations in relation to performance against business plan targets and KPIs.
- Support the Senior MI Analyst on the production of regular management reports summarising business performance.
- Communicate best practice guidelines for data requests to internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate the communication of relevant information and insight to all relevant internal and external stakeholders, e.g. MI Office Lead, Head of PMA, Heads of Capability, and Capability Leads (when appropriate).
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience in a similar role desirable
- Understanding and application of statistical and business trend analysis.
- Strong experience in the use of Microsoft packages, e.g. MS Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Experience of producing KPI Dashboards and Information Reporting
Skills & Behaviour
- Detailed and working knowledge of Microsoft Access and advanced Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Natural intellectual curiosity, creative in analytical approach with a good instinct for business
- Capable of working without supervision, to provide insight and help to develop the reporting capabilities of the business.
- Numerate, logical, organised, flexible and a creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise and work effectively under pressure.
- Customer centricity – strong customer focus both internal and external.
- Good listening skills.
- Strong team working, able to work with various internal teams to achieve objectives.
- Commitment to continuous improvement; willing to proactively make suggestions on potential developments.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory