Lead Technical Architect
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT in the NNL will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team which is well positioned to meet the changing requirements of the NNL. To achieve this, there is a need for the IT team to engage more proactively with the business to understand exactly what is required and to create a clear roadmap to meet those requirements.
To enhance the NNL IT capability there is a requirement for a Lead Technical Architect (TA) to own the architecture of the technical infrastructure and lead the design of new solutions. This will include technology, information, shared infrastructure and application services.
The Lead TA will be required to:
- Own the technical architecture for the infrastructure and application environment;
- Analyse the current technical environment and manage technical roadmaps making recommendations for future investment;
- Maximise existing technology investments and continue NNL’s cloud migration;
- Act as the TDA for any change to the environment;
- Provide advice and guidance to Infrastructure Engineers or third party suppliers;
- Take a standards based approach and apply appropriate levels of governance in line with corporate standards and good industry practice; and
- Work with the EA and Head of IT to evangelise the use of technology to transform NNL.
The Ideal Candidate
The Lead TA will have:
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national;
- A broad and deep technical understanding of technical and infrastructure architecture and management;
- Relevant technical accreditations (Microsoft, Cisco etc…);
- A demonstrable track record of 10+ years in technical and solution architecture for network, infrastructure, authentication and Microsoft tooling technologies;
- 5+ years’ complex migration experience covering network, infrastructure and users;
- 3+ years’ experience in the design, implementation and management of Azure Hybrid Cloud environments (CASB experience advantageous);
- 5+ years’ experience in deploying Office 365 and complex Exchange Online migrations;
- 3+ years’ experience working with security controls including for example, PKI, HSM’s, DMVPN and other forms of encryption;
- Exposure to secure or accredited environments with SIEM and SOC; and
- A self-motivated, proactive and customer focused attitude with excellent organisational skills.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory