NNL are pleased to provide a vacancy for a Laboratory Technician to support the Immobilisation Science & Technology team at Workington, Cumbria. The role will require work within both laboratory and rig hall areas.
The team’s work focusses on research and development of encapsulation processes using cementation technology. This includes technical support to encapsulation plants and researching alternative encapsulants. This role will involve working closely with other Technicians and Technical Leads in the team.
• Carry out designated work packages to meet standards of safety, cost, quality and time Development of experimental work programmes
• Provision of specified technical/analytical services to customers agreed standards and timescales
• Maintain accurate records in accordance with laid down procedures.
• Record all test results, calculations and observations and check their validity
• To contribute to the improvement of safe environment/good housekeeping of the working area particularly in their own area of responsibility
• Complies with all legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
The Ideal Candidate
• Degree or HND in Chemistry
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work effectively with others
• Good IT skills
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Knowledge of the nuclear industry
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory