Infrastructure Support Engineer
Job Description for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The role of the Infrastructure Support Engineer is to support the day to day running of NNL infrastructure including Server Patching, Monitoring and providing 3rd line support to field engineers via service management process.
They will also maintain the security of the technical components and remediate any problems where needed both in and out of standard business hours.
Main Responsibilities for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Perform daily infrastructure checks and monitoring.
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to support the stabilization of the environment via service management tools.
- Ensure corporate data is secure and available.
- Project support work.
- Work within a regulated environment maintaining security standard.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues (SOC / NOC).
- Take a proactive approach to continually improving the performance and security of the infrastructure.
- Required to work out of hours (flex) and being on call (recompensed) on an agreed rota. Required to work out of hours (flex).
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Experienced Infrastructure Engineer.
- Experienced in complex business and application environments and interdependencies.
- Experienced in managing Linux environment through tools such as Landscape.
- Experienced in virtualised infrastructure, Hyper-V, VMWare, Azure and Cloud Services such as Azure PaaS, SaaS, InTune and Office 365 Administration.
- Practical hands-on experience in Storage Solutions, Backup and Replication Services (DFS, VEEAM, ASR).
- Experienced with security controls including (SIEM, Vulnerability Scanning, Server and Client Security, ZScaler and Azure Security Centre).
- Good working knowledge of PowerShell, Automation, Azure Runbooks and Blueprints.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Demonstrable experience in information technology sector.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Experience of working in accredited / regulated environments and required documentation, with knowledge of balancing business benefit with technology risk.
- Degree in information technology or engineering related subjects with relevant technology certification.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory