Infrastructure Support Engineer
Job Description for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The role of the Infrastructure Support Engineer is to support the day to day running of NNL infrastructure including Server Patching, Monitoring and providing 3rd line support to field engineers via service management process.
They will also maintain the security of the technical components and remediate any problems where needed both in and out of standard business hours.
Main Responsibilities for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Perform daily infrastructure checks and monitoring.
- Provide timely and effective resolutions to support the stabilization of the environment via service management tools.
- Ensure corporate data is secure and available.
- Project support work.
- Work within a regulated environment maintaining security standard.
- Work with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues (SOC / NOC).
- Take a proactive approach to continually improving the performance and security of the infrastructure.
- Required to work out of hours (flex) and being on call (recompensed) on an agreed rota. Required to work out of hours (flex).
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Infrastructure Support Engineer:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of windows server 2012-2016 administration / support and maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of SCCM and patch management.
- Demonstratable experience with Active directory & group policy.
- Previous experience with virtualization platforms (VMware / Hyper V).
- Understanding of network fundamentals (troubleshooting Switch / routing etc).
- Experience and understanding of backup routines and technologies.
- Exposure to cloud technology in an enterprise setting (Office 365 / Azure).
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused attitude with excellent organizational skills.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory