IT PMO Analyst
Job Description for IT PMO Analyst:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Portfolio Management Office Analyst role ensures company standard governance and change practices and approaches are followed and applied whilst supporting the Portfolio Manager and PMO Lead in planning and managing the portfolio.
Main Responsibilities for IT PMO Analyst:
- Supports the PMO Lead and Portfolio Manager in Portfolio Planning and scenario planning.
- Supports the PMO Lead in defining the appropriate standards by which projects are managed.
- Responsible for implementing PMO Governance and Assurance Standards.
- Manages Key-Stakeholder relationships at Senior Leadership level.
- Responsible for monitoring of Programme reporting, managing and compiling programme related MI and Board Packs.
- Act as PMO representative at Executive Change Boards, facilitating programme governance.
- Supporting Delivery Teams to ensure projects are delivered within agreed timescales, budget and project objectives..
- Supporting the Project/Programme Managers to ensure effective delivery is achieved by implementing RAID management, change control, planning and generation of management information.
- Undertake a quality assurance audit role in line with defined PMO process.
- Providing support and guidance to Delivery Teams.
- Supports T&DC Portfolio Manager and Demand & Release Manager in the management of the end to end Demand and Delivery process.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for IT PMO Analyst:
- Familiarity of software development methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Excellent MS Project and Excel skills, with emphasis on portfolio planning/scenario modelling.
- Good analytical skills with a focus on attention to detail.
- Good understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies.
- Ability to critically evaluate project outputs and challenge project and programme managers whilst maintaining good relationships throughout the team.
- Ability to create and manage project plans.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for IT PMO Analyst:
- Ability to design and implement typical project and programme governance processes.
- Ability to clearly illustrate processes through business process mapping.
- Demonstrable PMO Analyst experience.
- Comfortable managing small scale projects to time and budget, if required.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory