IT Junior Project Manager
Job Description for IT Junior Project Manager:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The T&DC Junior Project Manager is responsible for delivering small scale technology and digital change projects that underpin the NNL Strategy in line with agreed scope, quality, time and cost.
Main Responsibilities for IT Junior Project Manager:
- Responsible for small scale delivering projects in line with agreed scope, quality, time and cost.
- Responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the project team to ensure projects progress on schedule and within budget
- Accountable for the preparation and presentation of standard project management artefacts such as project initiation documentation, project plans, risk and stakeholder’s matrices and business cases.
- Accountable for project budgets and decisions within agreed project thresholds.
- Supportive in the analysis of project proposals alongside solution architects to determine time frame, budget, risk, and the appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Accountable for the identification and scheduling of project deliverables, milestones and required activities and tasks.
- Accountable for project risk management – including risk assessments and the implementation of mitigation plans.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for IT Junior Project Manager:
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
- Experience of delivering technology and digital change projects to time, cost and quality.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and effective communicator.
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills.
- Have experience managing multiple stakeholders and external suppliers within a single project.
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations and a full UK Driving licence.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory