At NNL we have a commitment to Human Resource excellence and people really are at the front and centre of everything that we do. As we continue to grow the skills, knowledge and experience in our function we need to work as smart as we can to keep our team fulfilled, motivated and empowered. We are looking for a focussed and trusted individual to join our HR function as a HR Associate. Working in a small support team, you will provide HR generalist support to our employees as the first point of contact. If you are a problem solver, can keep a calm head under pressure and you want to be part of rolling your sleeves up and making a considerable impact, this could be the HR role for you.
Our people agenda is exciting and challenging, you will have to be ready for a challenge, have the enthusiasm and attitude to want to learn, develop and have some fun and you will be rewarded with not only a great package but by joining a team where you will be valued and appreciated.
• Process documentation and transactions in accordance with service requirements.
• Provide support across a range of HR processes including recruitment, on-boarding, HR administration and learning and development
• First line support for HR queries relating to process received by email and telephone, providing excellent customer service.
• Participate in project delivery within the HR team
• Proactively recommend and implement process improvements
• Maintain and update information on company systems including HR spreadsheets, HR system, company intranet and applicant tracking system
• Run basic HR reports, providing data both within HR and to internal customers.
• Maintain process flows and user guide documentation for HR processes
• Ensure compliance with and contribute to risk management, governance and assurance processes in HR
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
Experience in a similar role is essential
CIPD/IPD qualification - desirable
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory