Engineering Technical Support Team Leader
The Operations Team Leader is a position of authority within NNL. They shall lead and supervise day to day operations within Laboratories ensuring all work is delivered safely and efficiently bearing in mind the key drivers of safety, quality of work, time to deliver and cost.
Health and Safety leadership
The health and safety of their personnel, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act and the implementation of NNL EH&S Policy. Ensuring adherence to the NNL Integrated Management System/site licensee requirements.
Ensure team members reach their full potential through effective leadership, performance management and coaching.
Roles, procedures and instructions
Ensure adequate control and supervision is in place at all times for their team and that employees are suitably qualified, competent and experienced to fulfil their roles.
Organisation of team
Support site management and utilisation team to organise work week and daily plans, ensuring staff performance optimised. Ensure appropriate accountabilities and responsibilities are in place across team.
Training and development
Initiate and deliver appropriate recruitment, team development and technical training strategies to meet demand and maintenance of capability.
Delivery of work
Ensure efficient and effective use of people and resources to achieve business goals. Assist site manager and utilisation managers in work planning activities ensuring adequate capacity plans are in place to deliver site business requirements. Act as subject matter expert for technical issues supporting team in resolving emergent issues. Assist site manager in monitoring team/individual key performance indicators and deal with poor performance through issue of performance improvement plans.
Maintain and develop internal/external customer networks, ensuring appropriate customer interface is in place for area.
Ensure that Lean management principles are implements and that a culture of continuous improvement exists within the site. Maintain technical knowledge of site to ensure capability improvements are seen. Shall promote best practice within the team by for example providing briefs on Operational Experience Feedback (OEF) to staff through tool box talks.
Maintaining the standards of security expected of their personnel, and the implementation of the NNL Security Policy, which covers physical, personnel and information security.
The Ideal Candidate
- Electrical and/or Mechanical qualified to HNC level
- Supervisory/leadership experience. Previous experience of supervising technical/service delivery teams
- Ability to be become SC/DV Security Cleared
- IOSH Managing Safety / NEBOSH
- Able to demonstrate awareness of nuclear safety and security requirements applicable to their area(s) of responsibility
- Demonstrable knowledge of the operational & maintenance requirements associated with their area(s) of control
- Required to become appointed as Safety Supervisor
- Required to become appointed as a Person Organising Work (POW)
- Requirement to become appointed as a Sub Contractor Supervisor
- Required to become appointed to an emergency response role e.g. Access Controller, Deputy Access Controller, Information Liaison Officer, Board Manager etc. as applicable.
- Required to become appointed as a Classified or Monitored Worker
National Nuclear Laboratory