Engineering Delivery Manager
Job Description for Engineering Delivery Manager:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Maintenance Delivery Manager is a role within NNL, reporting to the Head of Infrastructure and compliance, they are responsible for the safe, effective and efficient delivery of all planned and preventative maintenance activities along with breakdown resolution of facility infrastructure and assets, and support to new projects through installation and commissioning activities. Delivery of the maintenance function via in-house maintenance and craft teams, complimented with specialist contractor support.
Main Responsibilities for Engineering Delivery Manager:
- Management and leadership of the craft, E&I teams, & building management function, developing the capability to meet current and future organisational requirements.
- Development of standardised processes to aid capacity management, planning and work scheduling.
- Collaboration with the asset management function to facilitate an effective and efficient maintenance programme and associated activities.
- Delivery of the maintenance programme as per the CMMS/EIMT programme (plant maintenance schedule).
- Ensuring the team is compliant with company procedures, standards and policies.
- Ensuring the maintenance tasks are appropriately controlled and the asset/infrastructure performs its safety function, meets the required level of reliability and that the activities are appropriately recorded.
- Responsible for production and control of the facility maintenance budget.
- Drive continual improvement at all levels within the maintenance function and seek wider industry best practices.
- Balance and communicate priorities across the wider team.
- Responsible for investigating maintenance incidents & events to identify the root cause and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Implement standards, performance goals, measures and analyse maintenance delivery trends to improve operational performance.
- Perform observations, inspections and self-assessment to ensure maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with NNL and Site standards, ensuring that learning and issues are acted upon and shared at appropriate levels.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Engineering Delivery Manager:
- Degree qualified or holds HND in an equivalent discipline.
- Experience of managing maintenance teams in a high hazard environment.
- Strong communications skills, ability to communicate key information with customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Engineering Delivery Manager:
- Hold IOSH Managing Safely/NEBOSH safety qualification.
- Hold Lean/6 Sigma qualification.
- Experience of undertaking/managing teams that undertake maintenance in a nuclear environment.
- Experience of maintenance management approaches RCM, RBM, TPM etc.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory