Electrician (Electrical Craft)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Electrical Craft Person to join the Laboratory Operations Team within the National Nuclear Laboratory, based at Preston.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the safe, efficient and compliant delivery of scheduled maintenance, breakdown support and installation of project requirements within the Preston Laboratory
- Performing routine Engineering, Inspection, Maintenance & Testing on plant and equipment.
- Leading on resolving breakdown and recovery maintenance on plant and equipment.
- Providing support to the:
- installation of project and improvement work.
- installation, modification and commissioning of electrical equipment.
- Carrying out safe, effective and controlled isolation of electrical plant
- Completing job reporting in accordance with site standards to ensure that a good quality maintenance history is recorded.
- Ensuring that:
- maintenance, breakdown and project tasks are always covered by an appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW) and the requirements are always complied with.
- appropriate workplace standards are maintained at all times.
- Actively participate in reviews taking personal action to resolve any issues or shortfalls as required.
- Complying with company & site standards and expectations of behaviour and performance at all times. You must have the confidence to actively challenge others they see not doing so and encourage the behaviours expected.
- Expected to actively encourage team working within the team and coach & mentor colleagues as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Time served recognised apprenticeship in an Electrical engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable experience in maintenance of process plant and equipment.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and work with maintenance documentation.
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Team player with effective communication skills.
- Required to be trained as Nominated Person for Electrical Isolations.
- Flexible approach to learning new skills and self-development.
- BS7671 18th Edition Qualified.
- Classified or Monitored worker.
- IOSH Working Safely Certified.
- IPAE Mobile Vertical (3a) Mobile Boom (3b) Qualified
- C&G 2391 or EAL 4337/4338 Qualified
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory