Electrical and Instrumentation Technical Support
To provide assistance to the E&I engineering team for maintenance & breakdown issues and small scale internal
improvement projects. This will ensure the efficient operations of the facility.
• Responsible for supporting the Electrical Team Leader to deliver the schedule maintenance activities, including planning for
complex routines, outages and availability of plant for service engineers.
• Responsible for supporting the Electrical Team Leader in the installation, modification and commissioning of rigs and
installed equipment, including identifying and assisting in delivery of plant and process improvements.
• Plan and undertake small scale facilities projects, including construction, testing and commissioning activities
• Production of appropriate paperwork for minor plant modifications e.g. Engineering Plant Modifications Proposals, Risk
Assessments, commissioning documents etc.
• Support Asset EIM&T activities for Preston Lab i.e. resolving technical problems associated with plant breakdown.
• Procurement of goods and materials.
• Co-ordinate all resources and materials to complete work on time, quality and cost.
• Produce safe system of work documentation in support of projects, maintenance or breakdown tasks identified by the Team
• Implement and contribute to safety initiatives.
• To comply with all legislative, regulatory, policy and security standards appropriate to the role.
The Ideal Candidate
• HNC/HND in Engineering/Scientific discipline or relevant equivalent experience.
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel.
• NEBOSH or minimum IOSH Managing Safely (or ability to attain).
• Time served with E/I qualification and proven experience in maintaining E/I systems.
• Experience of working in a hazardous chemical plant environment.
• Proven ability to deliver solutions to engineering problems.
• Good general safety case awareness with demonstrable knowledge of nuclear Safety Mechanisms (SM), Safety Related
items (SRI) and Safety Features (SF)
• Can demonstrate being self-motivated with strong communication skills.
• Ability to produce work packs to standards of safety, quality and time.
• Can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills.
• Can provide evidence of meeting deadlines.
• Has a good knowledge of safety and quality systems.
• Will need to work outside normal working hours on occasion.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory