Electrical Craft Person
The Electrical Craft Person is responsible for carrying out safe, quality and efficient maintenance/breakdown/project activities within the defined Laboratory
They shall ensure all activities are being undertaken in a safe and compliant manner, so as to meet all requirements of the Nuclear Site Licence (as applicable) and all Regulatory and Legislative purposes.
ACCOUNTABILTIES (inc. responsibilities, authority, decisions)
1. Delivery Of Maintenance Work: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for performing routine EIM&T, breakdown, recovery maintenance on maintainable assets as instructed by the Team Leader
2. Delivery of Project Work: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for undertaking any electrical associated project work as demand necessitates.
3. Perform the role of Nominated Person for Electrical Isolations: in their capacity as a Nominated Person (Electrical Isolations) the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for carrying out safe, effective and controlled isolations of Electrical Plant within their designated area. They shall be responsible for flagging any issues up immediately to the Electrical Team Leader
4. Record Retention: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for completing MOVEX job cards in accordance with site standards to ensure that good quality maintenance history is recorded.
5. Engineering Support (Projects): the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for supporting the designated facility in the installation, modification and commissioning of rigs and installed equipment, including identifying and assisting in delivery of plant and process improvements.
6. Safe Systems Of Work: The Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for ensuring that the maintenance/breakdown/project tasks they are involved in are covered by an appropriate Safe System of Work (SSOW) and complied with at all times.
7. Instructions/Proof Tests: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for checking and fully understanding the Maintenance Instructions/Proof Tests that they are working to. If unsure at any point during delivery, they shall stop, make safe and highlight any issues to the Electrical Team Leader.
8. Workplace Standards: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for ensuring that appropriate workplace standards are maintained at all times and the correct tools and equipment are selected for the task and used only as intended.
9. Sharing of Best Practices: the Electrical Craft Person shall be expected to actively participate in team briefs and LFE reviews taking personal action to resolve any issues or shortfalls in their particular area. If further resolution is required they must engage the Electrical Team Leader
10. Standards and Expectations: the Electrical Craft Person shall comply with company/site standards and expectations of behaviour and performance at all times. They must actively challenge others they see not doing so and encourage the behaviours expected. Where appropriate, they shall raise the event on OSHANs. The individual shall deliver their personal targets as identified by the Electrical Team Leader.
11. Ensure Individual Training: the Electrical Craft Person shall be responsible for attending all training identified by the Electrical Team Leader or Training Dept. to ensure successful continuation of their SQEP appointments.
12. Coaching & Mentoring: the Electrical Craft Person shall be expected to actively encourage team working within the team and coach/mentor colleagues as required.
The Ideal Candidate
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS – e.g. technical skills
1. Holds a time served recognised Electrical Craft Apprenticeship
2. Proven ability to interpret electrical engineering drawings
3. Minimum of 5 GCSE’s
4. IOSHH Working Safety
5. Ability to be become SC/DV Security Cleared
6. Demonstrate knowledge of the Operation & Maintenance requirements associated with their area
7. Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience
8. Good team player with effective communication skills
9. Required to become a Nominated Person for Electrical Isolations
10. Required to become a Classified/Monitored Worker
11. Requirement to undertake an emergency response role within the Re-entry Preparation Area (REPA) as applicable
12. Computer literate
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory