Early Careers Advisor
Job description for Early Careers Advisor:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
NNL have recently relaunched its Graduate Scheme, launched a new Post Doctorate scheme and have expanded the number of Apprentice schemes that are being deployed, which now include degree apprenticeships. As a consequence, the NNL Early Careers team needs to expand to accommodate this increased workload and hence we have a need to recruit an additional Early Careers Advisor. This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of Post Doctorate and Graduate Schemes as well as providing support the management of the degree Apprenticeship scheme and some Education Outreach activities at college/ university level.
Main Responsibilities for Early Careers Advisor:
- Working closely with HR and the business to understand the Early Careers requirements and how these requirements fit into NNL’s long term skills strategies
- Development and implementation of the NNL Post Doctorate scheme. This will involve defining and organising innovative development training, maintaining engagement, liaising with the line managers, managing the Post Doc budget. Working with the business to develop a pipeline for PhD students onto the Post Doctorate scheme and working with the business to secure the right talent onto our Post Doctorate scheme
- Development and implementation of the NNL Graduate scheme. This will involve organising the development training, understanding and maximising the synergies across the Post Doc and Graduate schemes, liaising with the line managers, managing the graduate budget. As the scheme expands to bring in new skill areas, work with the business to ensure that the graduate scheme is developed to suit these new areas.
- Design and implementation of an undergraduate placement scheme(s). Maintaining a pipeline of undergraduate talent onto out Graduate scheme.
- Implementation and management of a mentoring scheme for our Early Careers individuals.
- Support the Early Careers manager in developing the NNL Early Careers strategy, maintaining management information and metrics and managing the Early Careers budget.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Early Careers Advisor:
- The individual should have experience of working within Early Careers and managing of Graduates and / or Apprenticeship schemes and / or worked within has knowledge and understanding of UK education system.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory