ERP Support Analyst (Business World)
The NNL is transforming the way in which IT in the NNL will be delivered and is looking to create a customer facing, technology focused team which is well positioned to meet the changing requirements of the NNL. To achieve this, there is a need for the IT team to engage more proactively with the business to understand exactly what is required and to create a clear roadmap to meet those requirements.
To enhance the NNL IT capability there is a requirement for a new ERP Support Analyst to join our Application Support Team to play a pivotal role in modernising and enhancing our Unit4 Business World ERP offering.
The ERP Support Analyst (Business World) will be required to:
- Provide a mix of 2nd and 3rd line support and end user training across NNL’s business application landscape (expected 60:40 split);
- Document standard fixes and pass these to the IT Service Desk;
- Follow standard ITSM processes for Problems, Changes and Incidents;
- Participate in workshops with the business to elicit information and capture requirements;
- Produce training materials, including crib-sheets, guides, online training materials and others as required to maximise the use of Business World and to drive consistency;
- Assist with the Development of Business World in a variety of improvement projects as part of the NNL's transformation Programme;
- Look for opportunities to enhance development practices and ways of working through continual service improvement;
- Support the delivery of NNL Business projects; and
- Follow the necessary IT processes to ensure integrity between test and production environments.
The Ideal Candidate
The ERP Support Analyst (Business World) will have:
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national;
- A demonstrable track record and experience in a Unit4 Business World ERP application support role;
- Knowledge of Business World modules including at least Finance (GL, AP, AR,FA), HR (incl training and absences)
- Payroll Planner/Budget Tools advantageous;
- Reporting experience – Excelerator / Browsers
- Detailed knowledge and experience of systems development and problem solving with enterprise level solutions;
- Strong analytical skills applied to understanding business functionality and translating them into development requirements and statement of works;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations;
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise;
- Self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills; and
- Experience of relational database scripting preferably using SQL Server.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated microdrilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials.
National Nuclear Laboratory