Digital Solution Architect
The NNL operate a hybrid infrastructure and continue to lead the way in maximising the use of cloud technology in the nuclear industry. The Digital Solutions Architect will predominantly work with our customers to understand their needs and create appropriate solutions for delivery.
- The Digital Solutions Architect will act as the technical Design Authority on behalf of the Chief Architect for all approved solutions that are to be delivered
- Accountable for designing technical solutions for multi million-pound business initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring technical solutions align to NNL and T&DC strategy
- Responsible for facilitating business and technical workshops, deriving business and technical requirements and creating business process maps and user stories
- Creating innovative proof of concepts (code, application, configuration) to demonstrate solutions to senior stakeholders
- Balance business need within the technical and security landscape
- Undertake solution assessments and fit gap analysis
- Produce high level designs and application blueprints
- Document buy over build position taking into account financial and operational considerations
The Ideal Candidate
- Eligibility for security clearance to SC and be a UK national
- Have a broad understanding of technology across all domains including business systems and applications, data and information, technology and cyber security
- Be familiar with current and future digital trends and be able to demonstrate successful application to solve real world business problems
- Work in an agile way, the role will require a combination of business analysis, management of projects during the solutioning phase, research and development and designing digital solutions
- Demonstrable track record of working in a similar role
- Have a detailed and practical understanding of the Microsoft Cloud, Office 365 platform and business tools including for example Power Platform
- Good understanding and certification (or working towards) industry standards, Enterprise and Solutions Architecture, TOGAF, ITIL, APM and Cloud Architecture Technical Certifications
- Be self-motivated, proactive and customer focused with excellent organisational skills
- Be articulate and have good presentation skills
- Produce quality documentation and visual design skills (such as high-level designs)
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory