Cyber Security Analyst
Job Description for Cyber Security Analyst:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
This role is to support the Head of Cyber Security & Information Assurance (CS&IA) and the other members of this team in ensuring that data within the National Nuclear Laboratory is protected, in accordance with the needs of the business and according to Information Security principles of availability, integrity and confidentiality and our responsibilities to the regulators.
Main Responsibilities for Cyber Security Analyst:
- Maintain and coordinate activities around the Standalone database and producing relevant reports and support to Business Guardians including user support and education.
- Assist coordinate the production of education and training materials as well as contributing to the CS&IA communications plan and identifying themes which are relevant to the business.
- Coordinate and support the phishing exercise schedule and produce supporting documentation and guidance post exercise.
- Support and carry out activities associated with the supplier management and audit process and conducting site visits.
- Support the management and planning of audits and assessments such as, but not limited to, ISO27001 and CE+.
- Responsible for monitoring and analysing recommendations that are produced by the security suites in use and liaising with the SOC where relevant.
- Responsible for creating and supporting the production and continuous improvement of relevant security documentation, such as (but not limited to) SOPS, SyOps, RMADS, RBCs, policies.
- Responsible for the production of vulnerability assessments and coordinating penetration tests with our chosen suppliers, and support the analysis and remediation processes for the technology teams.
- Support wider CS&IA team in supporting BAU activities, dealing with Service Desk tickets and projects as needed.
- Attend department and company wide meetings to represent CS&IA.
- Liaise with other departments across NNL, such as Personnel Security, S&R, to make sure they are aware of our activities and look at opportunities for collaboration.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Cyber Security Analyst:
- Good overall understanding of Technology and Cyber Security.
- Demonstrable background in either Cyber Security, Information Security or Infrastructure with a Security Focus.
- Must be proactive and driven to continuously improve their own processes and ways of working, along with the teams around them.
- Knowledge and understanding of the various ways attacks are carried out against a system or network and how to effectively detect them.
- Possess strong analytical skills and ability to maintain calmness and being diplomatic under stressful situations.
- Good problem-solving skills using a range of sources and methods.
- Strong multitasking skills to be able to effectively manage multiple activities, including cross-team dependent activities simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills, including written and verbal, and ability to work off hours when needed.
- Experience of engaging with various business areas and working with non-technical and technical teams.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory