Capability Manager - Fuel PIE Delivery Team
To manage the Fuel PIE delivery team, maximising their potential including people, facilities, and equipment. Ensures clear line of sight of all safety responsibility and the availability of resource to support delivery. Maintains strong work relationships with the customer and all touchpoints throughout the organisation. Develops the team to meet current and future business requirements. Responsible for coordinating the planning and delivery of the non-destructive AGR fuel PIE programme, flasking operations, and delivery of technical fuel PIE and failed fuel production programme.
• The Capability Manager (CM) will be accountable for EHSS&Q within their team:
• The CM will be accountable for all resources within their team including staff, leadership, performance, SQEP, development, technical training, progression and recruitment. Equipment: maintenance, renewal, disposal, repair, inspection, access and utilisation. Leads on customer delivery, exceling in delivering customer value and building a customer-centric culture.
• The CM will support the Capability Leader for all budgetary control associated with their team for staff costs including, recruitment within Fuel PIE delivery and failed fuel delivery team, training, progression, equipment costs maintenance, renewal, disposal, repair, inspection, access and utilisation
• The CM will be accountable for all customer delivery associated with their team, working with Account Director/CWL to engage with customer to maximise all business opportunities, excellence and resolution when delivering customer work, responsibility for coordinating the planning, and delivery of, the civil fuel PIE, delivery of the flasking programme, ensuring alignment of delivery objectives of civil fuel PIE with any joint areas, align planning and delivery with technical objectives specified by PIE technical leads.
• The CM will be accountable for cultural and business strategies associated with their team including development of the team in line with business requirements and recognising technical advancements, quality of science and customer delivery, contribution to development of the growth strategy and business plan for the business area.
Responsibilities include ensuring all KPI’s, metrics, communications, data, for operating the team are met. Ensure delivery of the improvement plan, management of a resourcing and asset system, identification of SQEP. The CM will lead team performance by people development, training and SQEP, and be responsible for Performance Management. Will also be responsible for engagement with customers related to technical team, ensuring good customer experience and response to opportunities and risks. They will maximise value, develop opportunities and increase growth by understanding and planning for demand on Fuel PIE delivery and Failed Fuel teams
The Ideal Candidate
Qualifications & Experience:
• Degree in a physical science / engineering, or relevant level of experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deliver within a team environment.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft word and excel packages.
• SC cleared (or ability to become so)
• Form and maintain positive working relationships with other technical and operations support teams
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
National Nuclear Laboratory