Business Readiness / Change Manager (FTC - 12 Months)
Job Description for Business Readiness / Change Manager (FTC - 12 Months):
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
Responsible for taking a holistic approach to gathering, analysing, evaluating, and embedding change, in line with business objectives. They will ensure that the business is ready, willing, and able to accept change; so that all stakeholder and business expectations are met.
Main Responsibilities for Business Readiness / Change Manager (FTC - 12 Months):
- Overall, end to end responsibility for change management activities at a project and programme level.
- Undertake change impact analysis and develop deployment plans that consider the impact of change on the end user.
- Develop appropriate communication plans, help define training needs, and post go live support models to ensure that the change deployed is sustainable, and embedded.
- Develop, refine, and manage Business Readiness Processes to aid safe adoption of new Technology, Systems, Processes, Product Releases, and updates.
- Assessing and advising on business readiness to Change and identifying Business Change impacts arising from Change, to minimise business disruption and escalating where appropriate.
- Working with Change benefit owners / key stakeholders to ensure benefits are clearly defined, agreed, measured and achieved during the entire project lifecycle.
- Champion of the Change Management process for IT, ensuring that knowledge of change processes is communicated to business stakeholders, as and when required.
- Working closely with the PMO lead and wider delivery team to act as a conscience for the business.
- Ensuring roll-back plans are available and executable.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Business Readiness / Change Manager (FTC - 12 Months):
- Demonstrable experience in a Business Readiness /Change Management role.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to build relationships and influence senior stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, business impact and business change with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritising tasks, shifting priorities in accordance with fluctuating workloads and deadline pressures.
- Comfortable managing multiple third party and external industry, regulatory and statutory stakeholders, and obligations.
- Familiar with change management methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of technical IT disciplines.
- Willingness to travel to other UK locations and a full UK Driving licence.
- Ability to obtain SC level security clearance (this includes but is not limited to identity, employment, financial and criminal record checks plus 5 years’ worth of UK residency).
Desirable Criteria for Business Readiness / Change Manager (FTC - 12 Months):
- ITIL certified desirable but not essential.
- Change Management certified desirable but not essential.
About the Company
NNL is an incredible place to work A place where people do things that have never been done before A place where people push boundaries to further themselves, the business, and society as a whole.
This is a place where personal and professional opportunities are limitless. If you want to change the world, if you want to tackle climate change, if you want to help advance medical science, if you want to help put things in space, if you want to answer the big questions, if you want to work with extraordinary materials, if you want to meet great people, learn new skills, challenge yourself, work flexibly, and build a long successful career with the power to make a real impact… you can do it all here.
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity, and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service, and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory