Asset Strategy Manager
To lead the development of the asset management system capabilities to meet NNL’s key business objectives. They are accountable for the development and embedment of Asset Management systems and capability across the organisation aligned to the Asset Management Lifecycle and NNL’s Target Operating Model. To be considered for role of Asset Strategy Manager, we require the individual to have a combination of excellent asset management capabilities; superb communication skills; and the ability to provide clear & concise guidance to internal & external stakeholders. These skills will to allow the individual to contribute to the delivery of the strategic asset management objectives of the NNLs business, including our ambition to demonstrate alignment to internationally recognised asset management standards.
The role operates across the organisation and there is flexibility in the base location (Warrington, Preston, Sellafield or Workington) with regular travel to the other locations a requirement of the role.
The main responsibilities for the Asset Strategy Manager will be:
The asset strategy manager role is the provision of subject matter expert knowledge to implement integrated asset management systems as defined by ISO55001:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Asset Management Systems within the Asset Management Team.
- Accountable for ensuring that the NNL approach to Asset Management aligns to the criteria set out in ISO55000.
- Ensure that the systems required to support Asset Management activity are available, fit for purpose and plans for their development are robust.
- Audit & analysis of NNLs Asset Management System, to the ISO 55001 standard, providing the appropriate KPIs & reporting to demonstrate continuous improvement in our asset management performance.
- Align asset management objectives to business objectives.
- Create a Strategic Asset Management Plan to deliver the asset management objectives.
- Write and implement additional Asset Management Documentation in line with ISO55001 requirements.
- To ensure that NNL has and maintains an industry leading approach to managing asset risk within the organisation.
- Develop and support the continuous improvement of NNLs Asset Management capabilities, using feedback gained from external benchmarking activities to inform our future development.
- Lead the development of innovative & cost-effective asset strategies & policies to meet the business objectives, as Technical Secretary to the AMOC (groups of internal/external subject matter experts).
- Accountable for the development, implementation and management of the Operating and Maintenance Strategy.
- Influence on the prioritisation of all capital and operational expenditure across the Business Plan.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills for the Asset Strategy Manager:
- Experience in Asset Management leadership and implementation of change.
- Experience in the development & performance management of asset management systems and ISO55001 certification within an asset management organisation.
- Degree or post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline or have at least ten years relevant experience.
- Institute of Asset Management Certificate or Diploma qualification; certification as an IAM-approved Assessor; or a degree in an Engineering/Project Management appropriate qualification is highly desirable.
- A strategic and innovative thinker with the ability to create and deliver plans which align to the strategic priorities and tactical needs of the business, able to make informed judgement through well-developed business acumen and the analysis of complex information, often completed by others.
- Proven ability to communicate and engage with the wider organisation to promote asset management philosophy with the ability to influence and persuade strategic decisions at a senior level (including board level).
- Resilient, tenacious and personally driven to overcome obstacles with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive activities to successful conclusion.
- Ability to balance the differing priorities of the executive and have the ability to facilitate collective decision making at a senior level
- Ability to lead, influence and manage multiple teams (both direct and indirect) to ensure that NNL business plans are delivered successfully and efficiently.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory