Administrator - Vetting
Job Description for Administrator - Vetting:
There’s never been a more exciting time to be part of the nuclear sector. New opportunities are being created all the time. At NNL, you’ll be in the ideal place to capitalise on this momentum, face new challenges and develop a long, successful and meaningful career.
We’re an organisation that’s here to experiment and push the limits of what’s possible. So, if you’re keen to excel in your chosen field, this is the place to do it. Because at NNL, anything is possible.
The Vetting Administrator is responsible for processing the clearances and clearance upgrades for personnel and implementing and administrating the vetting aftercare processes. This is a fixed term position for 12 months. The role has the flexibility to work hybrid with 2 days in the office and 3 days from home.
Main Responsibilities for Administrator - Vetting:
- Clearance of New Starters – Responsible for progressing the clearance of all new starters to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).
- National Security Vetting Clearance – Responsible for sponsoring and administering applications for National Security Vetting clearances (SC/DVs) through the national clearance system.
- Provision of NNL Pass service – Generate new or replacement passes for appropriate employees & contractors in line with local procedures and ensure the return of passes no longer required.
- Clearance Confirmations – where clearance confirmations are required by specific parts of the business, these will be processed in a timely manner for both internal personnel as well as obtaining external clearance confirmation from external organisations.
- Local procedures – Responsible for preparing and maintaining local procedures in line with regulatory requirements detailing the operation of the vetting and aftercare processes.
- Aftercare processes – Generate annual Security Appraisal Forms (SAFs) for personnel at all levels and distribute. Collate the responses sending on to the regulator where required and involving Line management where appropriate if concerns are raised.
- Process Regulatory Requirements – Responsible for ensuring that regular ONR obligations are fulfilled by completing and returning e.g. monthly Casualty Returns sheet, quarterly List C visits form.
- Regular Reporting – Responsible for collating monthly vetting and aftercare performance figures and submitting these to Line Management.
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Criteria for Administrator - Vetting:
- Competent in Microsoft Office packages ie Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to be cleared to SC level.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
Desirable Criteria for Administrator - Vetting:
- A thorough knowledge of the ONR Civil Nuclear Personnel Security Standard.
- An ability to write local procedures and operate the Integrated Management Systems
- Ability to communicate key information concisely and accurately both verbal and written with internal customers, external vetting organisations, the regulator and other stakeholders
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Evidence of the ability to be discrete with sensitive personal information and to show integrity.
- Ability to use databases and run reports.
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
NNL has a vision for Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity (ED&I) where NNL aims to be an inclusive workplace that attracts diverse talent through transparent and equal policies and procedures. We want you and the diverse mix of people that we employ, customers that we service and stakeholders that we influence to feel valued. We encourage a workplace culture where everyone can thrive with a sense of belonging.
Recruitment Agency Notice
We operate a strict Preferred Supplier List (PSL) for the provision of recruitment services. Only agencies on our PSL may provide CVs and only when the role is released to them by our recruitment team. We will not accept unsolicited CVs from suppliers not currently on our PSL. We explicitly reserve the right to add candidate details from unsolicited CVs from non-PSL agencies into our own candidate database and to pursue/hire such candidate(s) without any obligation, financial or otherwise, to the agency concerned.
National Nuclear Laboratory