Vetting and Aftercare Caseworker
An opportunity has arisen within our Business Assurance team as a Vetting & Aftercare Caseworker working part time - 24 hours per week. The Vetting & Aftercare Caseworker will be responsible for processing the clearances and clearance upgrades for personnel and implementing and administrating the vetting aftercare processes.
To do this they will process the casework for individuals in line with the clearance processes in a timely manner and ensure that ongoing employment checks are carried out thoroughly to protect NNL
- Clearance of New Starters – Responsible for progressing the clearance of all new starters to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).
- National Security Vetting Clearance – Responsible for sponsoring and administering applications for National Security Vetting clearances (SC/DVs) through the national clearance system.
- Provision of NNL Pass service – Generate new or replacement passes for appropriate employees & contractors in line with local procedures and ensure the return of passes no longer required.
- Clearance Confirmations – where clearance confirmations are required by specific parts of the business, these will be processed in a timely manner for both internal personnel as well as obtaining external clearance confirmation from external organisations.
- Local procedures – Responsible for preparing and maintaining local procedures in line with regulatory requirements detailing the operation of the vetting and aftercare processes.
- Aftercare processes – Generate annual Security Appraisal Forms (SAFs) for personnel at all levels and distribute. Collate the responses sending on to the regulator where required and involving Line management where appropriate if concerns are raised.
- Process Regulatory Requirements – Responsible for ensuring that regular ONR obligations are fulfilled by completing and returning e.g. monthly Casualty Returns sheet, quarterly List C visits form.
- Regular Reporting – Responsible for collating monthly vetting and aftercare performance figures and submitting these to Line Management.
- Provision of Advice – Acting as the central contact point for vetting and aftercare advice to assist personnel across the business
The Ideal Candidate
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Preferable knowledge of the ONR Civil Nuclear Personnel Security Standard.
- Ability to be cleared to SC level
- An ability to write local procedures and experience with the operation of Management Systems would be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate key information concisely and accurately both verbal and written with internal customers, external vetting organisations, the regulator and other stakeholders
- Evidence of self-motivation with demonstrable levels of drive, energy and resilience.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate proactive decision making, even in pressure situations
- Evidence of the ability to be discrete with sensitive personal information and to show integrity.
- Ability to use databases and run reports.
- Able to look forward and plan work well in advance whilst dealing with urgent requests
Please note** The salary which has been advertised is based on full time role, therefore will be pro-rata to the hours which has been stated in the advert.**
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory