The Training Officer will be responsible for ensuring NNL’s compliance for with all regulations governing the nuclear industry and Site Licence Conditions with respect to the provision of training and Suitable and Experienced Personnel. They will also act in a support capacity for the Compliance Supervisor.
The successful candidate will:
- Ensure that the required training for all staff is maintained in a compliant state
- Initiate any new or refresher training as required
- Maintain the list of Key Safety appointments for the facility
- Arrange appropriate internal and external training for the facility staff
- Directs and advises new starters and their management in regard of the required training needed
- Hold and maintain records for training and compliance functions
- Deputise for Operations Compliance Supervisor as necessary
- Check compliance of Safe Systems of Work procedures and report/initiate any necessary remedial action
- Provide advice and guidance on issues appropriate to operational documentation and associated Safe Systems of Work
- Act as secretary for a number of local committees (PMP, DRC, CRC etc)
- Conduct audits and observations to monitor standards and affect remedial action where necessary
The Ideal Candidate
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience in Training issues
- Experience of outside compliance systems or writing and reviewing safe systems of work and associated documentation.
- Experience of working in the nuclear industry
About the Company
Grounded in robust science and decades of experience, National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) is the authoritative voice in the UK and beyond for technological development within the nuclear power sector.
Our unparalleled understanding of the science, challenges and opportunities makes us an unrivalled authority and partner in the field, providing experts, technologies, and access to cutting-edge facilities to organisations around the world.
Harnessing potential technologies and translating them into to industry-ready solutions means our pioneering approach spearheads international improvement and technological progress.
We work on projects as small as drilling a hole to analyse underground wastes with our integrated micro drilling technology, or as large as developing state-of-the-art power systems for spacecraft, based on radioactive materials
National Nuclear Laboratory