Thermal Processes Operations and Technical support Advisor.
The post holder will work within a small operations team, supporting installation, commissioning and operation of a range of active and none active test rigs and process demonstrators. The role holder will provide technical support to a variety of thermal treatment projects assisting the respective technical leads and the test rig operations manager.
- Provide technical support to the Thermal treatment project team liaising with support teams such as design and Facilities to carry out development work on range thermal treatment processes.
- To carry out designated work packages to high standards of safety, cost, quality and time.
- Produce experimental test programmes and documentation for various process demonstrators and rigs.
- Active involvement in improvement and development of various thermal treatment initiatives, including safety and technical supervision of test rig operations. Fulfil the role of shift lead within the operations team.
- Acquire key safety appointments such as safety supervisor, work planner, PMP project manager and plant owner.
- Develop the skills and abilities of other members of the operations team to maintain a SQEP team.
- Gather experimental data and produce initial draft technical reports for the respective technical lead.
- Ensure all relevant safety rules and procedures are applied by all staff.
- Comply with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to this role.
The Ideal Candidate
- BSc in Engineering or Scientific Discipline
- Can demonstrate a good knowledge of plant processes and operations
- Can demonstrate a good knowledge of management of safety on technical project work
- Demonstrable ability to manage delivery of work packages to required time-scales and standards.
- Demonstrable ability to resolve complex technical problems.
- Evidence of good interaction skills.
- Ability to work in teams and undertake occasional shift working.
- Experience working on Operational process plants, test rigs or technical projects
- The following key appointments would be useful: Classified worker, POW, Safety Supervisor.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.