Senior Technology Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced chemist to join the Measurement and Analysis team as the Senior Technical Manager responsible for the capability at time where the business has the potential transform into a leading Analytical Laboratory in the UK.
The capability has responsibility for customer delivery to external and internal customers as well as for operations in the LLW and ILW UKAS Accredited Analytical Laboratories at NNL Preston.
As the Senior Technical Manager you will be responsible for:
- Technical quality of work delivered to M&A customers including EDF, Magnox Ltd, Sellafield Ltd and IAEA as well as internal customers.
- Compliance in both the delivery of projects and laboratory operations of the UKAS Accredited Laboratory.
- The technical and operational development of M&A as it transforms the active analysis and characterisation business.
- Technical Authority for NNL in Radio analytical Chemistry.
- Technically lead the bid and delivery of work arising from the LLW/ILW UKAS Accredited Laboratory.
- Technical development of new products and services
- Ensure compliance in both the delivery of projects and laboratory operations of the UKAS Accredited Laboratory. This involves compliance with respect to Safety, ISO 17025, Work Permissioning, LLW/ILW Waste, ILW Transport and Instrument management.
- Technical development of graduates and new employees
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Chemistry/relevant discipline or experience.
- Experienced chemist with detailed knowledge of separation, radioanalytical, physical and elemental chemistry.
- Track record of delivery of analytical programmes of work
- Experience working in a commercial laboratory.
- Experience working to UKAS accreditation standards or equivalent.
- Experience of laboratory compliance at a nuclear licenced site.
- Duly Authorised Person
- Commercial Awareness & Innovation
- Excellent people skills
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.