Senior Research Technologist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced chemist to join the Measurement and Analysis team as the Senior Research Technologist at time when the business has the potential transform into a leading Analytical Laboratory in the UK.
The Measurement & Analysis Team is responsible for performing physical, chemical and radiochemical characterisation as well as chemical process studies on a wide range of materials in a UKAS Accredited ILW Laboratory. An experienced radioanalytical chemist / development chemist is required to technically lead a wide range of analytical and process development projects in a commercial laboratory.
Your role will lead and support our key commercial customers through the delivery of experimental programmes of work in the NNL laboratories. The role requires technical delivery of projects, the continued safe and efficient operation of work in an active laboratory and the development of the capability through strategic programmes of work.
The role also offers the opportunity to develop and maintain customer links with strategic UK customers and universities and to help develop the M&A business as it undergoes a transformation.
- Technical consultancy in the area of radiochemical analysis and/or active process chemistry.
- Project management of analytical work packages.
- Developing strategic relationships with NNL customers
- Maintaining / developing customer relationships
- Undertaking and leading experiments in an active laboratory
- Maintaining laboratory quality to UKAS accreditation standards.
- Safe and efficient laboratory operations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Chemistry/relevant discipline or relevant level of experience.
- Experience in the technical discipline of radiochemisty (analytical or process).
- Commitment to meeting stretching targets and deadlines.
- Adaptable to change in demands and priorities.
- Experience of working in a commercial laboratory.
- Experience of working to UKAS accreditation standards or equivalent.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.