Senior Commercial Officer
Are you experienced in advising on commercial and business risk, with broad contract law knowledge and have strong communication and influencing skills, together with a good attention to detail? if so read on.
We are looking for a Senior Commercial Officer to join our Commercial Team, who is responsible for the Companys terms and conditions of contract including the provision of legal advice, for pricing and for bids and proposals. Working with a business partnering approach, the team supports revenue growth that optimizes profit and works to provide win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing support to the Commercial Managers including;-
- Review and negotiation of terms and conditions including liaison with the Companys legal and tax advisors
- Review and negotiation of pricing
- Drafting and presentation of proposals and changes through the Companys governance processes
- Management of changes and claims
- Flow down of terms and conditions to the Companys vendors
- Coordination of complex transactions with the Companys customers and internally
- Take sole responsibility for smaller customers or for the provision of support to lower value bids
- Participate in contract review and order acknowledgement processes
- Providing support to the current Business Transformation activities, by participating in special projects, as required
The Ideal Candidate
Be qualified to a Bachelor Degree level
Have broad contract law knowledge
Have strong IT literacy skills
Be experienced in advising on both commercial and business risk
Have strong attention to detail
Be skilled in drafting and the management of costing data
Nuclear, construction or aerospace / defence background
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.