An exciting opportunity has become available within our Quality department, reporting to the Head of Projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that processes needed for the NNL Project Quality Management System (QMS) are established, implemented and maintained.
- Report to senior management on the performance of the QMS and any need for improvement.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements throughout NNL.
- Understand and implement the processes necessary for the provision of timely appropriate support to other NNL departments.
- Ensure the quality standards of the NNL Project are consistently met, raising the authorised project documentation where this is not the case.
- Ensure sub-contractor quality management systems satisfy the requirements of the NNL Project.
- Feedback, preparation and implementation of the Project Audit Schedule verify that the Project QMS conforms to planned arrangements, QMS arrangements and is effectively implemented and managed.
- Conduct audits of the NNL site activities and sub-contractor operations on site, and off site as directed, in accordance with the Project Audit Schedule.
- Manage the NNL document control processes and ensure to approve, review and update all changes to critical documents within the scope of QMS
- Project Management Plans, Processes and Procedures.
- Assessment reports of sub-contractor quality management systems.
- Project Audit Schedule.
- Audit Compliance reports
- Trend analysis of audit findings.
- Controlled management of Project correspondence, data, drawings and specifications.
- Project KPI input
- Interpretation and implementation of Project procedures improvements
- Project Life Time Records (LTR) checks and endorsement.
- Non-Conformance Reports(NCR) (Raise and Close)
- Quality OSHANs reports - (Raise and Close)
- QA Training, delivery and developing associated presentation material as required.
The above is not exhaustive and other duties may be allocated as required by the project and Quality Manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Full working knowledge of quality standards in the ISO 9000 series, supported by Quality Training Qualifications.
- Competent Auditor
- Significant experience of quality assurance activities in the Manufacture/Construction, Installation, Commissioning industry
- A strong and motivated individual degree level qualified.
- Self-motivated with an ability to liaise at all levels and can advise senior leadership
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite of software.
- Knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 18001
- Member of the Chartered Quality Institute
- IRCA Registered
- 9001 Auditor Course /Exam
- Knowledge of Nuclear Site License Conditions
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.