NNL are looking to recruit a Project Planner to support the Project Capability Team within Development; Management and Ownership of Project Schedule Data, to deliver successful project outcomes within time, cost and quality requirements, including reporting; utilisation monitoring, and production of periodic progress reports.
- Adheres to all legislative, regulatory and Company procedures and standards e.g. safety, quality, risk and security etc. appropriate to the role.
- Identify Customer & internal NNL deliverables and develop detailed project plans on behalf of the Project Manager (detailing resources & costs).
- Establish appropriate work breakdown structures against data provided by the Project Manager, ensuring that deliverables, activities, and quantity tracking mechanisms are in place.
- Liaise with sub‐contractors and Technical Leads, collate progress information and maintain and update the project plan. Challenge updates where necessary to ensure robustness of information / feedback and therefore forecast plan.
- Provide progress updates as required by the Project Manager in accordance with work instructions, advising on missed forecasted milestones and deliverables, and attend project progress meetings (as required).
- Issue standardised performance reports highlighting any risks and opportunities, and key variances as appropriate, and advise on recovery options if project delivery performance is not hitting targets (Schedule/Deliverables/Cost).
- Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the project baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
- Monitor critical path activities, and provide trend data (forecasts up to 3, 6 and 12 months look ahead); support to detailed cost and schedule reviews, and prompt and accurate information to the Project Manager.
- Provide direct assistance to the Bid Managers and Technical Leads in the development of bid programmes.
- Monitor works progress for variations / changes in project scope; understand any impacts on BCWS & project deliverables, and make any necessary updates (follow approval by the Project Manager) to project schedules as required.
- Provide the required information to support the risk identification and management process.
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of the full project lifecycle and planning multi-level projects in engineering environments with varying complexity.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery.
- Good working knowledge and proficient in the use of Microsoft Project (or other professional project scheduling software packages).
- Ability to understand technical projects and solutions.
- Experience of utilising project collaboration software, e.g. Sharepoint, Project Webspace, etc.
- Able to think critically, using good judgment to challenge discipline on resource estimates to produce robust output controls documentation.
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.