Process Support Team Member
A competent individual to work within the Process Support Team based at Sellafield in order to provide specified products and services to customers in order to meet business objectives to agreed standards.
As part of maintaining Process support across NNL, the individual may at times be required to assist at other NNL Sites.
Include the following but not limited to:
- Operating plant and equipment on behalf of the facilities and project management teams, this including for example forklift trucks, overhead cranes, NNL vehicles;
- Undertake procedures for the collection and disposal of all waste arising from the laboratory and Rig Hall facilities (Low Level Waste, Plutonium Contaminated Material etc) to contribute towards high standards of housekeeping;
- Involved in the receipt, store control and distribution of goods and equipment entering Central Lab via the Import/Export Bay;
- Become appointed as a Security Warden and as such undertake the role during for example during store openings, transport of material and for scheduled security checks;
- Handling and disposal of chemicals from Laboratories and Rig Hall via a licensed contractor;
- Maintaining stocks of gas cylinders and cryogenic substances used for project work and the distribution of these throughout the laboratories and Rig Hall;
- Complies with legislative, regulatory and company policy standards and procedures e.g. safety, quality, risk, security etc. applicable to the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Certificate of competence
- 3 GCSE’s (Grade C or above) or equivalent qualification in Maths and English or 2 GCSE’s as previous with work related experience.
- IOSHH Working Safely
- Fork Lift Truck Operator
- Overhead Crane Operator
- Breathing Apparatus Wearer
- Classified or Monitored Worker
- PASMA Scaffold Trained
- Gas Cylinder and Cryogenic Worker Trained
- Holds valid driving licence
About the Company
We play a key role in the UK and global nuclear industry. That means reducing the cost of clean-up and decommissioning, maintaining critical skills and attracting talented new people to the industry. We're the only UK organisation with the skills, facilities and expertise to provide technical support to all aspects of the nuclear industry. What's more, we pride ourselves on offering quality, value and service to every one of our customers.