Modelling Capability Leader
We are the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL), a national laboratory for Government, academia and industry. We play a pivotal role in the UK and global nuclear sector, providing technical support and delivering a full range of research and technology across all areas of the nuclear fuel cycle.
We are currently looking for a Modelling Capability Leader based at our Warrington or Cumbria facilities.
Reporting to the Head of Capability you will manage a team of 40 indirect and 3 direct reports. The role will combine staff leadership, technical ability, facilities and equipment management. You will drive a strong focus on delivery and quality whilst creating a customer-centric environment across the capability to ensure business opportunities are maximised.
You will have technical understanding and expertise in:
- Management of a range of modelling and decision-making software tools to describe, aid understanding, and improve plants and processes throughout the nuclear industry.
- Process Modelling and Chemical Modelling which supports: Process optimisation, Process design, Safety case, Experimental research, and Flowsheeting.
- Data analysis, statistics, and operational analysis across the nuclear fuel cycle.
- Knowledge and application of Thermal Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) for plant design and decision making.
- Engineering Analysis such as Structural, Impact, Seismic, and Dynamic Assessments using finite element analysis and design code assessment using codes such as ASME III. Demonstrating the acceptability of nuclear plant and equipment through engineering and modelling analysis.
- Knowledge of HPC and high powered computing systems offering strategic modelling and digital opportunities for future business growth.
- Development and quality assurance of specialised bespoke software applications/tools along with the knowledge and application of various commercial software codes.
- Operational experience in highly regularised environment, managing technical and facility programmes to a high EHSS&Q standard whilst managing changing
The Ideal Candidate
You will have experience of:
- People management
- Budgetary controls (£1m+)
- Developing customer relationships
- Management of resourcing, asset systems and equipment